In response to the Covid-19 outbreak, City of Bridges High School has closed its physical operations until further notice.
Instead we are now operating as Virtual City of Bridges High School.
Our students are working on individual projects, taking purposeful classes, collaborating, talking with experts, creating, caring for each other and laughing.
We look forward to getting back together in person when we are able , but until we are able to do so we are living our values in this virtual space!
A High School designed around ideas
- Personalized and Integrated Curriculum: Students will have the opportunity to explore their interests and to engage with comprehensive cross-curricular content and experiences.
- Real World Learning: Students will apply their knowledge and skills through real world project and problem-based learning. Students will be taught by educators and by professional practitioners.
- Student Agency and Governance: Students will build personal and collective agency through full engagement with the school’s governance and development, including student membership in all school committees, positions on the Board of Trustees, and an ongoing dialogue based in kindness and courage.
- Community: Students will provide service to their school and external communities, and members of the community-at-large will share their experience and knowledge with students. The curriculum will build to year-long collaborative projects that both serve community needs and support meaningful application of knowledge and skills.
A High School that has Core Values
- Mindfulness: A School which cultivates its students’ inherent human worth, wakefulness, and native intelligence encourages the mindfulness and confidence essential for individual achievement and meaningful engagement in society.
- Knowledge: A School with a diverse and student centered curriculum that both allows students to explore their interests and prepare to become engaged citizens of the world.
- Experience: A School where students learn by doing, guided by practitioners within a rigorous, flexible curriculum.
- Justice: A School that supports students’ individual and collective agency and their efforts to make the world more just and peaceful through expressions of kindness, generosity, and courage.
- Community: A School where students are full participants in the larger community outside the school grounds, learning with and from the community and contributing as citizens of character who are confident in their fundamental worthiness.
Applications for Fall of 2020 are available and can be found here
If you believe in a community where young people have agency and voice, we want to talk to you. Reach out: firstname.lastname@example.org
City of Bridges is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit. City of Bridges shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status in any of its activities or operations.