Applications for Fall 2019 are available! Click on the Applications link here
If you believe in a community where young people have agency and voice, we want to talk to you. Reach out: email@example.com
We are looking for students and families who are interested in being pioneers to envision an independent high school that believes in;
- Real-Work-Lived-Experience: Students will explore the application of knowledge and skills to real work learning through community-embedded problem-based learning.
- Trust in Human Dignity: Human beings possess an inherent dignity, worthiness, and awareness that is essential to our nature. The school recognizes that nurturing this basic goodness in students not only enriches their individual lives, but provides the confidence which makes world transformation and an enlightened society possible.
- Peace and Justice: In this time of social turmoil and divisiveness we need a school that is explicit in its intention: the establishment and support of a compassionate, enlightened, and just human society. Toward this goal the lens of justice and peace will always guide the work of the school.
A School that is designed around ideas;
- Personalized and Integrated Curriculum: Students will have the opportunity to both explore their interests and to engage with comprehensive cross-curricular content and experiences. Students will graduate from City of Bridges with demonstrated capacity in their current areas of interest, and an understanding of the educational and community processes for exploring and practicing future interests.
- Real World Learning: Students will apply their knowledge and skills through real world project and problem-based learning. Students will be taught by educators and by professional practitioners.
- Student Agency and Governance: Students will build personal and collective agency through full engagement with the school’s governance and development, including student membership in all school committees, positions on the Board of Trustees, and an ongoing dialogue based in kindness and courage.
- Community: Students will provide service to their school and external communities, and members of the community-at-large will share their experience and knowledge with students. The curriculum will build to year-long collaborative projects that both serve community needs and support meaningful application of knowledge and skills.
A School that has Core Values;
- Mindfulness: A School which cultivates its students’ inherent human worth, wakefulness, and native intelligence encourages the mindfulness and confidence essential for individual achievement and meaningful engagement in society.
- Knowledge: A School with a diverse and student centered curriculum that both allows students to explore their interests and prepare to become engaged citizens of the world.
- Experience: A School where students learn by doing, guided by practitioners within a rigorous, flexible curriculum.
- Justice: A School that supports students’ individual and collective agency and their efforts to make the world more just and peaceful through expressions of kindness, generosity, and courage.
- Community: A School where students are full participants in the larger community outside the school grounds, learning with and from the community and contributing as citizens of character who are confident in their fundamental worthiness.
City of Bridges is looking for young people to help us build this vision….are you one of them?
Please reach out, we should talk
City of Bridges is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit. City of Bridges shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status in any of its activities or operations.